November 22, 2012 by jiejie768
Thanksgiving isn’t celebrated here in Peru, and we don’t have an oven so no turkey for us. However, we are thankful for many of the things we do have here. To name a few:
1. Hours upon hours to read.
2. The opportunity to travel to new places.
3. The internet, to keep us connected to home.
4. The literally 100 hugs we get everyday.
5. Generic Sudafed to combat the colds contracted by said 100 hugs.
6. Having a partner in adventure crazy enough to save for two years, quit his/her job, and travel to the other side of the world.
7. Our families who supported such “craziness”
8. Alejandro and his connections to everyone in Ayacucho (and free rides on “la ruta amarilla”)
9. Hot water
10. The pressure cooker. We had never used on before we came to Ayacucho and now we can’t live without.
11. When our roommate is NOT blasting Peruvian music on a speaker that he carries around with him (he even takes it into the bathroom).
12. Cipro (if you know what that is, you know what we mean)
There are MANY more things to be thankful for this year, but we’ll go with those for now. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!